From Planning To Enjoying The Adventure
For many travelers, traveling by rail is not as common for them as flying or road trips. Planning your first trip on Amtrak will probably lead to some questions; I know I did when I started. That is why I have this page on information on riding Amtrak. If I have yet to address your questions on this page, please feel free to reach out to me, and I will try to help!
I turned to Amtrak Facebook groups and forums, and I found some information on those sites, but I also came across a lot of chatter that I did not need in my life, as they say, the trolls will troll. So you can avoid all of that I came up with this page to help you.
Below are articles based on information I looked for when I started, and from the question, others have asked me. With over 100,000 miles on the rails and over 600 trains, I have experienced most things.
Note: The links in blue are up and going; if it looks like it should be a link, but it’s black, then it’s an upcoming article. If you have any questions, please reach out.
My Current Topics On Riding Amtrak
- What you need to know about Amtrak trains with multiple route numbers
- How to save money on Amtrak tickets
- 21 Questions Answered About Rooms on Amtrak Train
- Is Amtrak Coach Class right for you? And what you need to know about riding in coach class. *New October 8th*
- Train Stations (General overview)
- Eating on Amtrak
- Why do the lights go off and on while on the train?
More coming! If you have questions or think I should cover something, please reach out and let me know!